Travel health insurance
Security while traveling abroad
Travel health insurance or Medical Insurance provides the necessary financial resources and information to obtain timely and specialized medical care during a stay abroad.
The insurance market offers different type of coverage for the following products:
- Travel assistance abroad for business trips
- Travel assistance for tourist trips;
- Medical expenses
The usual coverage of these products provides:
- costs for medical care in the event of an accident or sudden illness (depending on the coverage chosen, outpatient treatment and emergency dental expenses may be covered, with different limits specified by the insurance companies);
- admission in the nearest hospital and, if necessary, repatriation to Bulgaria, including by airplane
- repatriation in case of death;
- organizing and paying attorney's fees in case the insured is prosecuted for civil liability under the law of the country in which he or she resides.
Usually, insurance companies have requirements for a maximum age of the insured person, beyond which it is not possible to issue such an insurance.