The all-new Focus has won 12 awards and has already made 42,100 units for the first 6 months of its launch
Ford has sold over 42,100 entirely new Focus to November, with the Focus ST-Line sporting more than 40% of sales.
One in six customers selected Chrome Blue or Desert Island Blue, in addition to traditional and popular Magnetic and Frozen White. The new 8-speed automatic transmission also proves to be more preferred among customers than expected.
Using ultra-modern processes, the all-new Ford Focus is produced at Ford's factory in Saarlouis, Germany. It comes in versions with 4 and 5 doors, and a wagon. In addition to the popular ST-Line version, the range includes the stylish Focus Trend and Titanium and the luxurious Vignale. The first SUV-inspired crossover vehicle, Focus Active, is also available for order.
Developed in closer cooperation with customers from any time, the driving behavior of the all-new Focus inspires confidence and is distinguished by the media and organizations in Europe, through the "Car of the Year 2019" in Croatia and Finland.
The benefits for business customers, including optimized economy from advanced EcoBoost gasoline and diesel EcoBlue engines, and the ability to wirelessly charge compatible mobile phones are reflected in the winner of the "Entrepreneurial Car of the Year" Awards in Spain, a prize in the " the Business Awards for the Czech Republic in 2018 and the "Best Car Compact" of the Business Cars Awards in the UK.
The new Focus features include: The Auto Zeitung Auto Trophy 2018 compact class winner in Germany and the Best 2018 Family Car of the Scottish Car of the Year Awards.
Focus is also one of the seven "Car of the Year" contenders in Europe to be announced in March 2019.
Providing more interior space combined with high quality materials and craftsmanship, the all-new Focus offers the widest range of driver assistance technologies currently available to Ford customers such as Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Traffic Signs Speed Limit and Vehicle Holding System in the middle of the lane to handle traffic unhindered, and the first Ford Headset in Europe.
Earlier, Focus was awarded the maximum five stars safety from the independent Euro NCAP, one of the first cars to pass the new, more stringent tests of the organization.
# # #
The complete list of awards for the all-new Ford Focus in 2018 includes:
- Car of the Year 2019 - Finland
- Car of the Year 2019 - Croatia
- Family car of the year (two price categories) - Belgium
- Irish Car of the Year Awards: Small / Compact Car of the Year - Ireland
- Autobild Gold steering wheel: Best compact car - Bulgaria
- Business car prizes: The best small / compact car - Great Britain
- Parkers Awards for 2019: Best Small Family Car - Great Britain
- Scottish Automobile Awards 2018: Best Family Car - Scotland
- Auto Zeitung Auto Trophy 2018: The winner of the compact class - Germany
- Great Austrian Automobile Awards: Winner of the new model category - Austria
- Entrepreneurial Car of the Year - Spain
- Business Awards of the Czech Republic for 2018: User Benefit - Czech Republic