STYLISH FORD FIESTA IS EUROPES TOP-SELLER IN MARCH AND FOR THE FIRST QUARTER 2010
| • The stylish, latest generation Ford Fiesta is Europe's top-selling car in March and for the first quarter 2010, according to figures released by JATO Dynamics |
• Fiesta sold 68,630 units in Europe last month, a 25.8 per cent increase from March 2009 and almost 11,800 units ahead of its nearest rival (JATO Dynamics figures)
• Fiesta sales in March were the highest for any Ford model on record in a single month in Europe
• Sales of the Fiesta in the first quarter totaled 140,496 units – over 5,400 units more than the VW Golf (JATO Dynamics figures)
• Since the latest-generation Ford Fiesta went on sale 18 months ago, over 750,000 have been sold globally (Ford figure)
• JATO Dynamics confirms Ford to be best-selling brand in Europe in March
COLOGNE, April 16, 2010 – The stylish, latest generation Ford Fiesta is officially Europe's best-selling car in March and for the first quarter 2010, according to the latest figures from the world's leading provider of automotive data and intelligence, JATO Dynamics.*
According to the figures compiled by JATO Dynamics, 68,630 Ford Fiestas were sold in March, a 25.8 per cent increase from the same month last year, and almost 11,800 units ahead of its nearest rival, the Volkswagen Golf.
In the first quarter of 2010, JATO records that 140,496 Ford Fiestas were sold – over 5,400 units ahead of its nearest rival.
"Fiesta simply outpaced VW Golf, with its move to pole position particularly due to its strong March sales in the UK (+14.7%) and Italy (+87%) where 57% of all Fiestas sold (11,251) were LPG-powered," said JATO Dynamics.
Ingvar Sviggum, Ford of Europe's Vice President for Marketing, Sales and Service, said: "Last year was a great year for the Fiesta despite the economic conditions, but this year has been even stronger so far! March sales of the Fiesta were the highest we've ever recorded for any Ford model in a single month in Europe."
"We're very proud of the latest-generation Ford Fiesta, and our customers love it," Sviggum added. "Since it first went on sale 18 months ago, over 750,000 have been sold to customers around the world - this would be an outstanding achievement any time, but even more so given the unprecedented economic situation. And with the launch now underway in North America, I believe the Fiesta will continue to go from strength-tostrength."
In its news release dated April 19, JATO Dynamics also confirmed Ford as Europe's bestselling brand in Marc.