Ford Fiesta is Europe’s No.1 Small Car – Again!
COLOGNE, Germany, May 14, 2014 – The Ford Fiesta was the No.1 selling small car in Europe in the first quarter of 2014 with 85,639 Fiestas sold.
“Ford Fiesta just keeps getting stronger. After two consecutive years as Europe’s best-selling small car, Fiesta sales for the first three months of 2014 have actually risen by 10 per cent year-over-year,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe. “Many customers are choosing high specification models equipped with the latest technology, including our in-car connectivity system Ford SYNC and award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine.”
Of all Fiesta models sold so far this year:
• 80 per cent were equipped with Ford SYNC voice-control connectivity system
• 47 per cent were high specification Titanium models
• 29 per cent were equipped with 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engines, the two-time International Engine of the Year
Please check out these links:
• Photo: http://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2014/05/14/ford-fiesta-is-europes-no-1-small-car--again-.html
• YouTube: http://youtu.be/qb76x-gYQkY
# # #
* According to latest available JATO Dynamics results which are based on information provided by JATO Consult, the company's bespoke consulting service. Figures are based on 30 European countries. For more information please visit www.jato.com.